Brave the Shave is committed to supporting kids and their families by providing assistance and supporting critical research. These kids can't do it alone. Brave the Shave events allow the community to get together and show support for kids in their cancer journey.
Members of the Mandan Police Department have participated in Brave the Shave events for a number of years. In 2019, held our first event. We chose the name - Go Bald, Go Bowl, Go Gold For Kids. Bald for the head shaving, Bowl for our team bowling event and Gold, which is the color for childhood cancer. The event was an enormous success! Last year, we were unable to hold an event due to the pandemic. This year our goal is to raise even more for the kids. With your help we can achieve that goal.
We are asking for your support for this year's event. It will be held on October 23, 2021 from 1-5 pm at Midway Lanes in Mandan. We have a number of ways you can help:
- Head shaving - hair loss can occur during cancer treatments. Participants in this event show their support by shaving their hair. Register here and set your fundraising goal. Ask family and friends to support you by donating. You can sign up as an individual or as a team. Consider sponsoring a team for your business. Have a friendly competition within your business or with another business!
- Bowling team - entry fees are $150.00 per team. All fees go to Brave the Shave. Get together with friends, co-workers or have a team for your business. Last event, Chief Ziegler named his team in honor of one of the kids fighting cancer, Team Dash. If you would like to name your team after one of the kids, we can provide you with a name. Please fill out this form to sign up.
- Lane sponsor – for $500.00 you can sponsor a lane in memory of an "angel”, one of the children lost to cancer or a survivor or child currently fighting cancer. Lane sponsorship includes a banner with your business name and/or logo over the lane. It also includes entry fees for one bowling team. Brave the Shave will furnish the name of the child or you can choose a child you may know. (lane sponsorship must be paid for by October 6st, 2021 to allow time for printing of the banner)
- Electronic board advertisement - for $100.00 you can advertise your business on Midway Lanes electronic boards. Your ad will run over every lane during the event on October 23rd,
- Silent auction - we will have a silent auction during our event. Consider donating an item(s) for the auction.
- Raffle(s) - we will be having one or more raffles. Buy a ticket, win a prize and support Brave the Shave.
Please consider supporting our event. Your support means more than you can imagine to these brave children and their families. Your support makes a difference.
For any questions please contact Lori Flaten at the Mandan Police Department. [email protected] or 701-667-3250.