As we thought about what it was we could do for the community and for our families, we reached out to KFYR and they stepped up in a big way. So, on April 28th, they will be holding an on-line, real-time effort to bring awareness to Brave the Shave, our families and the research we support. Our goal that day is to raise $15,000 in order to stay on track. Find updates on our Facebook event page.
At the same time, we are going to have some fun on Facebook and Youtube. Scott Wild will be hosting a real time trivia tour. This will be a family friendly time and we have a few things we would like you to do to get started.
- Head Shaving Videos on Facebook – While this won’t take the place of our main event, we would love to see some people shaving their heads and show these on air at on the 28th. So, do your best job shaving safely at home. Make it personal, funny or original in any way you want.
- Post your Video on Brave the Shave Facebook Site.
- Share the video with all your supporters and encourage them to go the Brave the Shave Events page – we will use the events that you already have joined. So, if you are signed up for the Main event, sent your supporters to the main event. We will keep track of the funding for the Shave-a-Thon from there.
- KFYR will take the videos from Facebook and share them on air on the 28th.
- Tune in to our Facebook site and Youtube on the 28th starting at 8 AM and help us spread a little joy and fun in this difficult time.
KFYR will be going live with updates throughout the day and, starting at 8 AM, we will be posting updates to our Facebook page letting you know when you can see Taner and the crew.